Over the past 3 years, Qlik have increased focus on Cloud and SaaS solutions, all positioned as subscription based products. As they adapt to the market shift and align with this focus, the following changes will be made to the perpetual license policy:
- As of April 1, 2021, Qlik will no longer offer perpetual licenses to new or existing customers. This includes Qlik Sense, QlikView, Qlik Data Integration and all add-on products.
- Customers on perpetual licenses may continue to renew their annual maintenance. Qlik is not actively forcing customers to move to a subscription model; however, customers who wish to expand must do so on a subscription basis.
- Qlik Sense customers may add subscription users to an existing perpetual Qlik Sense Enterprise site
- To simplify product licensing, many customers are choosing to convert fully to subscription.
The end of perpetual licensing is a significant change, but does hold many positives:
- Flexibility around licensing with introduction of Analyser Capacity, a usage-based license that gives users access to Qlik products based upon the active time they spend on it.
- Flexibility to reconfigure your license setup at the end of each term (usage can go down as well as up)
- The most important element of going with subscription is the roadmap. We are going to see the best functionality come with subscription. Access to the best of multi-cloud will only come with subscription.